The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) launched a new website that summarizes available federal programs to help finance or fund lead service line (LSL) replacement.
The website includes information about Federal funding from the following resources:
- Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF)
- Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation Act (WIIN)
- Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA)
- HUD Development Community Block Grant program
- Assistance for Small and Disadvantaged Communities
- Lead Testing in School and Childcare Drinking Water
- Reducing Lead in Drinking Water
The new online resource also includes case studies demonstrating how cities and States have successfully leveraged Federal resources to support LSL replacement projects.
To learn more about the Lead and Copper Rule revisions and implications, visit www.ae2s.com/rlcr.php or contact Nate Weisenburger. If you would like more information about funding opportunities for LSL replacement, please contact Ryan Graf.